Friday, July 07, 2006

Crepe Quiche Lorraine

This is an Alton Brown recipe, that I saw on "Good Eats." I don’t watch his show regularly but when I do happen to see it, it’s so engrossing. The scientist in me likes how he has explanations for why things happen or why you add certain ingredients and in what order.
We had crepes last week and I had two leftover. What to do with them. For once I remembered a recipe I had filed away many months ago. Instead of using muffin tins, I used small casserole dishes, and used what vegetables I had on hand, plus some ham.


Don ended up doctoring his up with loads of cheese and salsa. We both liked it, especially the crepe "crust" that was not as heavy as regular pie crust. Unless I’m cooking for a crowd, I don’t think I will make regular quiche again, this was so much easier.

I’m looking forward to his upcoming new show later in the month. It looks like a "road" show where he’ll be in different places. Speaking of new shows, I was kind of disappointed with Guy’s second episode last weekend. The pasta dish looked like it tasted good but it looked like a heart attack on a plate. And everything was "key." Maybe he won’t be as manic once he settles in.

No comments: