Saturday, July 01, 2006

Vegan Oat Cookie

I got this recipe from the Cookie Madness blog. This is the blog of Anna - the winner of the last Pillsbury Cook-off. You've gotta love a woman who just won a million dollars but writes about trying to buy last minute discount airfares on priceline.com. Anyway, this cookie is a "vegan" cookie, I guess because it doesn't use any eggs. It caught my eye because it uses mashed bananas and I always have ripe bananas lying around. Everyone who commented on the cookie raved about how good it was. So I got up and made it for breakfast and it was incredibly good - not too sweet, moist, chewy, even my granddaughter (who hates when I add nuts) chowed down on them without mentioning the walnuts. Could be she didn't even taste them because of the oats. Here's a link to the recipe.

No comments: