Thursday, July 12, 2007

Root Beer Floats

Sometimes the shows on the Food Network have something look so good that you have to have it. That’s what happened to me with the Wisconsin episode of "Road Tasted," when Bobby & Jamie went to the Sprecher Brewery. The root beer floats they had looked scrumptious.

I looked at root beer when I was grocery shopping that weekend. I didn’t want to buy a 12-pack (it was 4th of July weekend and it was on sale for about $3) just for a couple root beer floats. I ended up going to another store (since the Walmart I went to does not carry the Dallas paper...that's another story in itself), and they had Sprecher’s! It was a splurge, 4 16-ounce bottles cost over $4. In the scheme of things, though, it wasn’t that expensive.

Anyway, yesterday we ran some errands and came home hot and tired. A root beer float sounded like the perfect refreshment. It sure hit the spot. The root beer was OK, I can’t say that I’m a connoisseur. I did like the fact that it has honey in it and natural flavors. It was an easy and fun "recipe" to try.

No comments: