Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Frito Pie

This doesn't have anything to do with the Foodnetwork but since it has to do with food, I thought I'd share it here. Today's "Taste" section of the Dallas Morning News has a big feature on Frito Pie. It's one of those classic dishes that says "Texas." I love the showcasing of regional foods, which is why I enjoy Paula Deen/Southern cooking, Giada DiLaurentiis/Italian, and even Rachael's ties with upstate New York.

I enjoyed learning the particulars from the article. Basically, it's Fritos, Wolf brand chili, and optional garnishes of cheese, onion, sour cream, etc. I had tried Wolf brand chili before and really liked it, but it has so much more fat than my other favorite brand (Hormel). Maybe that's what makes it tastier.

Of course, I was going to pick up a bag of Fritos while I was at the store, but forgot, since I didn't WRITE IT DOWN on my list. I've gotten really bad...if it's not written down or on my list of places to stop, I'll completely forget about it.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

This would be great as a gluten-free meal! Recipe, please.