Monday, June 11, 2007

Paula Deen in Bossier City

Paula Deen was in my neck of the woods on June 2nd. I found an article about the show at FoodNetwork Addict’s blog, from the Shreveport Times. The photo above is from the Shreveport paper as well. I love the "Madonna" look with the headset microphone.

The article said, "The men and women in the audience in the Bossier City arena roared their approval throughout the impromptu show. Her country charm was only part of the appeal for the legions of local fans who lined up to see the restaurateur and Food Network star at the first Paula Deen Live 2007 Tour."

And here's what she cooked..."During the cooking portion of the show, Deen made pork chops, macaroni and cheese and collard greens. She was aided in the cooking by an assistant."

It sounded like some people were a little disappointed in the show, for the price. From reading the article, though, to me it sounded like Paula did what would be expected, chat and cook a little.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying her new show, "Paula's Party." At first I thought the raunchy jokes kind of went overboard but now that the show has been on for awhile, she's kind of hit her stride. I especially like how she incorporates her family into the show, and how they all interact with each other.

No comments: