Saturday, April 15, 2006

Easter Peeps

Cooking with Rachael and Friends

I've been sick as a dog for days, just managed to drag myself into work today. I made myelf go in because I have a sit down job and am on the mend, so figured I'd probably get more rest at work than I would at home where partner Kate is cleaning the carpets.

Needless to say, I haven't done much cooking recently. So this blog entry is "An Ode To Peeps", my all time favorite easter candy. One memorable easter, about 10 years ago, I packed on 20 lbs by indulging my every Peep whim.

Subsequently, I've been much more reserved in my Peeping and only bought and ate a couple packages this year by waiting until the last week before Easter to buy them. Then, being sick for 4 days, kept me off of them even longer. So last night I finished a package and will eat the 2nd package tomorrow and I promise, promise, promise not to hit the 50% off after-holiday sales.

My daughter Emily and her partner Robin are hosting Easter dinner and I offered to bring the desserts. Daughter Jeanne promised to help, as I'm too weak to pull it off myself. So we agreed to make our new favorite dessert - Paula Deen's Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding and get a strawberry pie (Emily's favorite) from Cocos. Robin is very excited that we're making the banana pudding, as she's heard so much about it.

Happy Easter everyone!

No comments: