Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Coconut Pecan Bars

Cooking with Rachael and Friends I found an old cookbook at a thrift shop. It was one of those books put together by chuch ladies and published in 1968. That's the year I got married and started cooking. It's been a blast from the past - keeps requiring ingredients like oleo and Dream Whip. I made dessert from it tonight - Coconut Pecan Bars, as submitted by a Mrs. Jane Wilelms - because I happened to already have all the ingredients. Among other things, you add a cup of butter and 2 cups of brown sugar. It turned out really well - very moist and yummy. You were supposed to sprinkle powdered sugar on top but I didn't have any of that and it didn't really need it. I weighed in at Weight Watchers today - lost 3.6 lbs on my first week. Even with eating two of those PD Southern Sloppy Joes! Go figure!!!

No comments: