Thursday, June 22, 2006

Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Cooking with Rachael and Friends I've been trying to follow a low fat diet so bought one of the lower fat cuts of pork - a pork shoulder tenderloin. I put it in the crockpot all day with a sauce that came from one of those envelope mixes. You mixed the seasonings in the packet with apple cider vinegar, ketchup and brown sugar, all non-fat and let it cook on low for 8 hours. When I got home from work, I shredded it with two forks and sprinkled some flour on the meat, then put it back in the sauce. The sandwiches came out excellently, we had them for dinner two nights in a row. Today my doctor put me on a carbohydrate lowering diet, which he's sending me in the mail. I have no idea what to eat now, but am supposed to be avoiding sugar and salt and taking flax seed and/or fish oil capsules. Once I receive the diet, I think I'll make an appointment with a nutritionist and find out how to eat from now on.

No comments: