Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Tortellini Salad

Last night I made Laura's Tortellini Salad for dinner. It's a chilled pasta salad, which I served on lettuce with hot bread. Laura is a friend of my daughters who lived with us for a year or two. Her recipe is to cook any kind of tortellini as the package instructs and then chill it, which I did. Then I mixed up some Italian dressing, about a cupful, with about 1/4 a cup of orange juice. I added a small drained can of sliced black olives, some shredded carrot and put it back in the fridge. While I finished setting the table, the tortellini puffed up and soaked up most of the dressing. I served it on lettuce and added a couple spoonfuls of fresh Italian dressing which reawakened the flavors. Mmmmm. Everyone agreed that it was easy, light and delicious. I used low-fat Italian dressing and whole wheat tortellini, to keep it healthy.

No comments: