Sunday, June 18, 2006

Gorilla Bread

I’ve been wanting to try this Paula Deen recipe for awhile now. It’s just been way too hot to turn on the oven. Debbie reminded me about using a crockpot to cook with and not heat up the kitchen, and that in turn reminded me that I have a bread machine that has a "bake" function. Instead of baking the bread in the oven I put all the little balls in the bread machine. It cooked it fine, aside from the sauce being a little too chewy.

Don did not like the cream cheese in the middle…at all. He pronounced "YUCK!!!" for this one. I was really disappointed, I guess I take it too personally when something doesn’t turn out well, especially if it takes some effort to put the dish together. I didn’t think it was bad, if you ate around the cream cheese. I think it would be better if the cream cheese had the sugar mixed in, or if the filling was something like apple chunks or chocolate chips.


I saw a commercial for Guy’s show next Saturday (6/25), "Guy’s Big Bite." I’m glad they didn’t go with that "Off the Hook" theme. I’m anxious to see what kind of "vibe" his show has.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I'm excited about seeing Guy's first show too! I always learn something when I watch him cook.