Thursday, June 01, 2006

Oatmeal with 'Nanas and PB

Once in awhile I like to "detox" and have things like salads, grains, drink lots of water, etc., especially after holiday weekends of ribs and banana pudding. For breakfast I tried Rachael’s recipe for "Oatmeal with ‘Nana’s and PB" from the June/July issue of "Every Day." Instead of instant oatmeal I cooked up a heart healthy portion size of Quaker Oats (3/4 cup oats). I had never thought about putting peanut butter into oatmeal but it was good. The only thing I didn’t like was that the raw bananas in the hot oatmeal kind of "cooked" and changed the flavor. Next time I’ll just put them on top.

This was an "Isaboo" recipe so I gave the taste-tester dogs a bite. It didn’t pass muster with them. They licked it and then looked around for something better on the plate, then walked away. I was kind of surprised because there isn’t much that they won’t eat. They’ve been spoiled lately with the bones from the ribs so maybe they are just being picky.

No comments: