Sunday, March 19, 2006

Heavenly Banana Delight

Cooking with Rachael and Friends Last night I made Paula Deen's Heavenly Banana Delight. My 37 year old daughter Jeanne is currently living with us and she is a banana afficienado. She found this recipe and wrote the ingredients on my shopping list, it was very cute. Jeanne loves food but can't cook worth beans. It's an odd combination to find in one person. I wanted to do something for her, since she took care of our dogs while Kate and I went to Las Vegas last week. I bought her a bracelet and made the banana dish. It didn't take long to assemble. It was delicious, not as good as Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding but pretty darn close. I think some peoplemight like it better because it's not as sweet. You use sour cream and whipping cream to make it and that cuts some of the sweetness. I also wondered why the recipe instructed me to drizzle chocolate syrup on it, but I'm glad I did because it added nicely to the flavor.

Tonight I'm making Paula Deen's cabbage rolls. I think I might make some mac & cheese to go with it. We'll see. I also plan to make PD's individual vidalia onions. We'll see.

No comments: