Sunday, March 05, 2006

Jambasta

Tonight I made the Jambasta from the February/March 2006 issue of Every Day With Rachael Ray. I live so close to Louisiana but it is hard to find andouille sausage! I found some Johnsonville brand (they make brats) but I think hot links would have been spicier. The store I go to on Sundays is very limited and they didn’t have poblano peppers and Don doesn’t like chicken breasts plus what the store had looked yucky (off color) so I bought a jalapeno and a green pepper , and regular chicken thighs instead.

It took over half an hour (I’m not sure if all the recipes in the magazine fall in to that category) since I had to remove the skin from the chicken, and I simmered it in the sauce for about half an hour to cook it through. I made the whole recipe of the sauce, with half the amount of pasta, and still had pasta leftover (that I didn’t mix in). I think Rachael likes her pasta lightly coated and we like more sauce on ours. While I was cooking, I saw two tails below the kitchen window, apparently the dogs thought the smells were worth checking out.


It was really good! The ingredients were kind of like chicken cacciatore but the flavor was a little spicier. I put green onions on top like the recipe calls for but that was after I took the picture and realized something was missing. Even Don liked it.

Yesterday while I was making my shopping list and flipping through the magazine, Don commented that the pictures looked scrumptious (not his words but that’s what he meant). I have to agree - the photos in the magazine make you want to try a bunch of the recipes.

No comments: