Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Weight Watchers 0 Point Garden Vegetable Soup

Cooking with Rachael and Friends

I set out to make Weight Watchers "0 Point" Garden Vegetable Soup. By the time I finished fiddling with it, it had plenty of points. I started out with the basics - fat free chicken broth, tomato paste, plus lots of veggies like green beans, scallions and zucchini. Then I added the cabbage, which I suspect is why it's so good for weight loss. But then, not content to leave well enough alone, I added a can of corn, a pound of ground turkey breast, a can of navy beans and some vegetable broth seasoning. THEN we found out we were having guests for dinner. So we ordered pizza and the soup became the first course. I also made chocolate chip cookies for dessert, which were the hit of the evening. The soup was good too. No complaints from anyone, although Kate thought I should have removed the lid and let is cook down and get thicker, but I like soupy soup.

No comments: