Friday, March 03, 2006

Leftovers

I’ve been trying to clear out my freezer from the holidays last year. We had beans this week that I turned in to chili, with some leftover ham. Over the weekend I’ll go through my Rachael cookbook and magazines and try to come up with something to cook. It’s only the two of us so things like ham and turkey, we reserve for when we have visitors. I’m almost finished with the leftovers from the last round-up. We have a new crop of visitors coming in the next few weeks.

When we first were in the planning stages of moving to Texas, both of us were excited about Tex-Mex cuisine. Now that we’re here, it’s different than what we thought. I had a dinner meeting last night at a Mexican restaurant, and all the locals were raving about it, while my sister-in-law and I were wondering what were they talking about, it was some of the worst Mexican food we’d had. One person across the table from me was squirting the sopaipilla squirt bottle of margarine into her salsa!!! It’s a different world out here in Texas.

No comments: