Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Spaghetti with Mozzarella-Stuffed Meatballs

I love the pictures in Rachael’s new magazine! I think they entice you to want to cook a recipe. Anyway, I tried the spaghetti & meatballs recipe from the latest (April/May 2006) issue of "Every Day With Rachael Ray." I hate parsley so I used spinach instead, and chopped a little onion in there too. I put a few dried herbs (basil, oregano) in the sauce because it sounded like it might be bland, just tomato and garlic. I also used half as much pasta.

I love spaghetti so there isn’t too much you can do to it where I won’t like it. Don’s daughter Robin liked it too, she said she liked the cheese inside the meatballs. I told Don I like the magazine recipes better than the cookbook, so far, and he thought this dish was a re-hash of old recipes. Oh well. I had made a Rachael recipe with giant meatballs about a year ago, that was similar, but I liked this one with the cheese better.

The meatballs take 20 minutes to cook, so this recipe took longer than 30 miinutes.

Oh, Don said he saw Rachael’s magazine on the racks when he was at Lowe’s this week! He didn’t know why they had it in a place like that. Duh. I’m there a lot and if I get "bored" I’ll head to the magazine rack and start browsing. I’m sure I’m not the only wife that does that. And there are probably a lot of men who do a double-take when they see the cover as well.

No comments: