Thursday, February 09, 2006

Chicken Pot Pie

Cooking with Rachael Ray

Hi everyone, Debbie here. I have been taking a break, as Di predicted. Lots of stuff coming down at home and at work and I've been grabbing comfort food. I had a request for my chicken pot pie, so wanted to share the recipe. I buy premade pie crusts in the metal pans in the freezer section and rolled pie dough in the deli refrigerated section. I bought a store-cooked rotisserie chicken - one that was garlic & pepper flavored. I cut off all the breast meat and removed the skin. I added a large jar of chicken gravy and a can of chicken and mushroom soup. I also added a drained small can or mixed vegetables. I poured the mixture into the premade crust in the metal pan, ground black pepper over the top and set one of the rolled pie crusts on top. I cut slits in the top. With the other pie crust and pan, I made a cherry pie for dessert. Baked them both for about 45 minutes at 350% and everyone was happy! It comes along pretty quick and everyone is always impressed.

No comments: