Monday, February 06, 2006

Recipe #29 - Beef and Chicken Fajita Burgers with Seared Peppers and Onions (jumping ahead a little)

I had a craving for a veggie burger. When I was working full-time I used to eat them nearly everyday. Yesterday while at the grocery store, I saw a Texan with Boca Burgers, EVOO and tortillas in his cart. He looked so cowboy-ish it looked incongruous.

I’m kind of meated out from last week plus yesterday with all the junk food we snacked on during the Super Bowl.

Anyway, instead of using ground beef or chicken, I took a Morningstar Farms Philly Cheesesteak burger (they have cheese, onions and peppers already in them! Yum) and put some of the seasonings on the patty before I cooked it. I used chili powder (added a nice zing), cumin (not really noticeable but it was the something that makes you go hmmm…), and some grill seasoning.

I cooked the peppers and onions like the recipe called for. And I toasted my bun, put a little mayo on it.

It was really good! So much better than just the plain burger. And if anyone is squeamish about a veggie burger, I think this would be a good one to try because there is so much other stuff on top of it that you might not guess you’re eating veggie.

No comments: