Monday, February 13, 2006

Recipe #28 - Pasta with Spinach, Mushrooms, Pumpkin and Hazelnuts

I took a lot of liberty with this one…basically took the leftover from last night and added the other ingredients to make the variation. I also didn’t have hazelnuts so I substituted toasted walnuts.

Since the recipe has the sausage omitted, the part I reheated didn’t have sausage..

I finally put my finger on what this reminded me of…Indian food. Not really curry but it has that sort of taste. And the spinach really went along well with it. The nuts gave it a nice texture, especially since it didn’t have meat.

If (when) I make this again, I’m going to make it with everything, the sausage, spinach, and nuts.

To be honest, I’m not too excited about the next few recipes. What I think I’ll do is make them for lunch. However they all turn out, they have to be better (and better for you) than bologna sandwiches!

No comments: