Saturday, February 11, 2006

Taking Stock

I was looking through the cookbook and see that we have cooked our way through the first 29 recipes! We did skip 3 (#16, 22, and 25), but if we make it through the rest of the book I plan to go back and try them.

I need to clear out some of the things in my refrigerator and freezer. Tomorrow I’m making King’s Ranch Casserole with some turkey I’d frozen. I have a half a box of pierogis, hot dogs, bread, half a can of sweetened condensed milk, ice cream, and cheeses that I should finish up. I’m not sure how much of all that I can incorporate into Rachael’s recipes but I’ll see what I can come up with.

I also have a half a can of pumpkin leftover from tonight. I got a belgian waffle maker for Christmas, and the booklet that comes with it has a recipe for pumpkin nut waffles, so that’s what we’re having for breakfast.

I am so notorious for getting a craving for something, buying the ingredients, and then not ever making the recipe. That’s part of the reason I have these odds and ends to clear out.

No comments: