Monday, February 20, 2006

Mom's

Debbie gave me the sad news that her mother passed away. It's hard to find the right words to say, my sympathies go to her and her family.

The first time I met Debbie, she was with her Mom, they were at the airport headed to the FGBMIFCC (First Great Barry Manilow International Fan Club Convention) in Chicago. I remember thinking how cool it was that she was going with her Mom.

I thought about Rachael's recipes for Boo, and other loved ones, where food brings back memories. My own mother passed away this time last year. Sometimes I will think of her when I am eating something that was her favorite, like right now, oranges are in season. When she was pregnant with us kids, she craved oranges and Casper's hotdogs. Both my parents enjoyed eating out, and there is no doubt I got my obsession with food from them.

No comments: