Saturday, February 11, 2006

Recipe #27 - Pumpkin Pasta with Sausage and Wild Mushrooms

I’ve been dying to try this one because it sounds so weird. And then I read such glowing reviews on Foodnetwork.com. A few people there mentioned that the recipe has too much pasta for the amount of sauce. I think it just depends on how saucy you want your pasta.

I made half the recipe and it still made a ton. I’m going to add spinach to the leftovers for an adaptation of Recipe #28.

I’m one of those people that could never go on a low carb diet, I’d be all-carb. I’ve been craving pasta. I really miss Pasta Primavera in Walnut Creek, it is one of my favorite restaurants. It’s not all that fancy either, just has a variety of pasta on their menu that isn’t all tomato-based sauces.

The Italian sausage really made this dish, I don’t think it would be as good if you substituted like, hamburger instead. The sauce tastes really earthy and is perfect with the penne. I’d bet if you served it at a potluck, people would eat it up and not even know there is pumpkin in it. Don kept saying "This is strange." He liked it but just knowing about the pumpkin changed his attitude toward (really against) the recipe.

So far this is one of my favorites out of the cookbook.

No comments: