Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Detour - Individual Beef Wellingtons

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Tonight I made the individual beef wellingtons from the recipe in the November/December 2005 issue of Every Day with Rachael Ray. My husband had been given some Omaha Steaks for his birthday. Usually we grill them but I thought this would be more appropriate for Valentine’s Day.

The puff pastry I bought (Pepperidge Farm) seemed a little small. I ended up rolling it out a little to fit the meat. I’m also not fond of mousse pate, and used bleu cheese instead. It got all melty and sort of made its own sauce - mmmmm.

It sure looked pretty, and wasn’t too much work (I think it took about an hour - I wasn’t in a hurry, the meat has to cool, and it takes 12-15 minutes to bake in the oven with 5 minutes to settle), not too many dishes. Perfect for a fancy dinner without the fuss.

No comments: