Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Cooking with Rachael Ray

Cooking with Rachael Ray

Tonight I made Recipe #31 Papa al Pomodoro. It made a delicious thick tomato soup. I didn't add the stale bread and cut the amount of beans called for in half. I wanted it to be more soupy and less thick. We also had RRays Double-Decker Baked Quesadillas from Recipe #24 - the first item I've made a second time. I served the quesadillas with sour cream and salsa and ended up putting a dollup of sour cream in my soup, which made it even better.

Now that all the excitement over the funeral is over, I'm starting to get really sad about my Mom. The cooking is helping, it's an activity I really enjoy these days. I'm also starting to freak out about being Great Grandma Mosure. I'm not a great grandma (yet) but I am the oldest member of our family now and it's really freaky! My Mom was an only child and my Dad's family is back in Michigan. It might help if we had elderly aunts and uncles toddling around, but we don't.

No comments: