Thursday, January 05, 2006

#3 Beef Goulash

Cooking with Rachael Ray

Mmmmm, last night I made recipe #3 from Rachael Ray's 365:No Repeats. It was beef goulash and it was delicious! Kate & Jeanne had a major arguement at the dinner table, but not before downing their shares of this stupendous dish. It was an offshoot of the master recipe for the Smoky Turkey Shepherds Pie. Ms.Ray instructs you to omit the potatoes, peas and egg and swap out the ground turkey for ground sirloin and the chicken broth for beef broth. I left out a few more ingredients, as well - the cumin, thyme, carrots, celery and red bell pepper. I doubled the amount of paprika called for. I served it over the hot, buttered and chived egg noodles she suggested. I also served peas with it. Mmmmmmm, 3 thumbs up. It would have been nice to have had rolls or french bread too.

Back to the fighting duo, Kate and Jeanne. They are each the self-designated "Man of the House", as well as both being obsessive/compulsive - so there are always fireworks when we try to live together. But Jeanne keeps moving back in with us periodically and neither of them are going anywhere for the time being. Jeanne will be with us until April 1st. So we just have to keep trying to work things out. We ended up drawing up lists of chores - not because no one was doing anything but because they keep stepping on each other's toes trying to keep the same areas obsessively clean. Somehow I ended up getting yelled at for leaving my clothes lying all over the house!!! I said, but I'm the good one!!! Finally we all ended up laughing and ran out for ice cream, so alls well that ends well. Try the beef goulash - you won't be sorry!

No comments: