Sunday, January 15, 2006

Cooking with Rachael Ray

Cooking with Rachael Ray

Hi, jumping in here with Recipe #9, the Turkey Noodle Casserole. It was very good and, again, made so much that I had enough for a casserole for Kate & I to eat and another full-sized one warming in the oven for Jeanne when she got home fromr work. It was crying out for canned peas, which I added as a side dish. It was very, very good. I don't think I ever would have cooked with Gruyere cheese if Rachael Ray hadn't told me to, but it was just the right cheese to use on that dish. A nice tasting, cozy cheese. I enjoyed snacking on slices of it along with the rest of the dry, white wine that was left over after I used the half a cup called for. *hic* I'd say I'd give it an 8 and maybe even make it again some day.

Jeanne is rebelling - wants me to switch cookbooks. Kate really likes this food though and I'm enjoying all I'm getting out of working my way through it, so I think I'll stick with it. I guess I'll have to occasionally depart from the book and make Jeanne her favorite dinners though.

No comments: