Thursday, January 12, 2006

Cooking with Rachael Ray

Cooking with Rachael Ray

Debbie here - I sinned again. Last night I made recipe #12, the lamb chops. In my defense, I'd like to explain that I am trying to use up ingredients that might spoil, which is one of the reasons I'm recipe hopping. I am going back to the meatball pizza and popcorn, recipe #8, this very night. Di and I should be on the same page now.

Recipe #12 made for a very pretty meal. The only couscous I could find were tri-colored. The veggies with the cooked cherry tomatoes were very colorful and the lamb chops were super yummy. My family revolted, I'm the only one who will eat lamb, so I made them little round steaks prepared the same way and cooked side bys side. The dinner gave me a bit of a tummyache. I think it was because of the acidity of the tomatoes.

It took exactly 30 minutes to make and that included cleaning up as I went along. These recipes require a lot of ingredients AND a lot of clean up.

1 comment:

Di said...

I agree about the ingredients and clean up. I was looking through the cookbook and felt intimidated by the recipes with mile-long ingredient lists. Last night it took me nearly half an hour to clean up all the pots and pans, and wipe down the grease on the stove from cooking up the chorizo.