Monday, January 23, 2006

Diane's Shopping List for Recipes #21, 23, 24, and maybe #22

I'm planning to make recipes #21, 23, and 24 this week. I might make #22 but it depends on if I can find frozen butternut squash (I wonder if baby food would work or if it would be gross). Already in my pantry are peanut butter, EVOO, honey, bread and ice cream. I read a review on www.foodnetwork.com of the butternut squash mac-n-cheese and it varied from two "horribles" to "our family loved it." One person left out the butternut squash completely, but that seems like it would be just plain mac-n-cheese. Anyway, here’s my list. Items in parentheses are those I already have from last week’s shopping. Again, my list is for cooking for two people.

1 orange
chicken breasts (2 + 2 for grinding up for the chicken patties)
radicchio (if I can find it)
1 red onion
(I’m skipping arugula because I hate it! Yuck-o!!!!!!)
Dijon mustard
8 oz. Macaroni with ridges
2 yellow onions
2 cups chicken stock
10 oz. Box frozen butternut squash
½ cup cream or half and half
4 oz. Sharp cheddar
(baby spinash)
Midel gingersnaps
(jalapeno)
1 green pepper
(celery)
14 oz. can stewed tomatoes
14 oz. can crushed tomatoes
(tortillas)
½ cup cheddar cheese
(scallions)
½ cup pepper jack

No comments: