Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Recipe #15 - Super Tuscan Burgers with Potato Salad

Di will probably be offline for a couple of days as her hubby Don was in an auto accident. He's in the hospital with cracked ribs, etc. Hopefully he'll be home in a couple of days - all prayers sent his way will be greatly appreciated.

Back to the subject at hand, I made Recipe #15 last night Super Tuscan Burgers with Potato Salad. We ate the potato salad hot but felt it would be better cold after the flavors had had time to meld. Sure enough when Jeanne got home from work a couple of hours later, she pronounced the chilled potato salad to be "perfect"! Here's the fun part of living in Palm Springs... the salad called for lemon juice, so I went outside and picked a lemon off the tree! The burgers were good and light due to their being made of ground turkey, and the baby portobellos made them very tasty and gave them a nice texture. I didn't care all that much for the mozzarella on top, it just seemed to add stringiness but no flavor.

I made a shopping list to make the next 4 dishes - recipes #13, 18, 19 and 23. Now that I have all the Rachael Ray staples, I only need to purchase about 20 ingredients to make those dinners. I'm looking forward to making the peanut butter sauce for the ice cream and want to make an ooey gooey Paula Deen cake, like Di did. I'm going to make the peanut butter version, only with yellow cake instead of chocolate.

Again, best wishes and healing energy to Di's hubby and thanks to all of you who read our journal!

No comments: