Sunday, January 08, 2006

Cooking with Rachael Ray

Cooking with Rachael Ray

Last night was a strange night. We had a realtor friend of Kate's come over and talk to us about listing our condo. His name was Mike and right before he arrived Kate & I got into it about my kids moving in and out of the house and was it always going to be this way and could she handle it and did I value my relationship with her and why did I have to choose between she or the kids ... same old, same old. I swear, my NEXT girlfriend will have children of her own, so she'll understand.

Anyway, by the time Mike left and we got to have dinner, it had sat warming on the stove for an hour. This made it all the tastier. I had nuked the leftover mac & cheese and cooked up the meat mixture. It looked like it needed onions, so I added those and then in a moment of wild abandon I threw in a drained can of corn! I ended up adding about half of the leftover mac & cheese mixture into the pot and boy, was it good! Jeanne was home from work by then and we all downed a couple of bowls each. I found myself getting out the tabasco sauce and adding it to my portion! How about me!?! Seeking out the hot sauce ... who knew I'd turn into such a spicy gal - thanks, Rachael?

Anyway, I am looking over the week to come of recipes. Ms. Ray is finally taking us into some Italian areas. The one night I'm worried about is the lamb chops on night #12. I suspect I'll have to swap out beef for Kate & Jeanne, I'm the only one who likes lamb. I'm drawing up the shopping list for Week 2, so stay posted.

No comments: