Monday, January 23, 2006

Recipe #17 - Honey Nut Chicken Sticks

I'm a little bit behind Di in recipe count but am planning to catch up with her this week. I made recipe number 17, I think it was (don't have the book at work). It was the honey nut chicken sticks. I have seen Rachael Ray make these on a picnic episode, so I set up my factory line like she did. It was weird, flouring the chicken strips first, then dipping them in the egg mixture. I couldn't find honey nut corn flakes but found honey nut chex cereal. I figured the taste would be the same and the texture just as good, if not better. That was all true - great texture, wonderful dipped in blue cheese or ranch or chipolte dressing. A great comfort dinner, served with soup. But our big complaint is that none of us cared for the sweetness. It would have been better to have used a plain chex cereal, or corn flakes, unsweetened.

Di is really going to town on her posts. My hard drive crashed, so I can only post at work these days.

2 comments:

Felicia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Felicia said...

This is a great idea. I recently purchased her cookbook but haven't made any dishes out of it yet. Not sure I could be so diligent in making her dishes every night. Good luck in your quest.