Monday, January 09, 2006

Variety is the spice of life

I was going to make the last version of mac-n-cheese tonight but hit a roadblock. Hubby has a cold so I asked him what he wanted for dinner, since when a person is sick sometimes he/she doesn't feel like certain tastes. I gave him several options (soup, salad, or mac-n-cheese with chorizo) and he said he didn't want any more mac-n-cheese.

I like Rachael's idea of mastering different techniques and changing the ingredients to create an entirely new dish. But some things, like mac-n-cheese, stay the same, even with different cheese and ingredients. Or at least, there isn't such a dramatic difference in the dish when some of the ingredients are changed out.

Tomorrow is my first day back at work since the holidays. If I get home at a reasonable hour I will try to do recipe #7 for myself and find something else to make for hubby.

(I'm going to try posting in a different color so y'all can differentiate between me and Debbie.)

No comments: