Friday, January 06, 2006

Cooking with Rachael Ray

Cooking with Rachael Ray

Last night I made Recipe #4 - Mac & Cheese with Broccoli. I realized as I started out that this was a side dish. To my group, this wouldn't be enough dinner, a separate entree was definitely called for. So I pulled a couple of steaks out of the freezer and defrosted them in the microwave. Kate asked me to cook the broccoli on the side and not include it in the mac & cheese. I felt that I kept true to the recipe though, serving the broccoli on the side made it still taste the same. Homemade mac & cheese is always a treat and this didn't disappoint. The dish was very creamy and tasty. The steaks were good, the broccoli a little soggy (Mom says I overcook everything because I'm of German descent.) Three thumbs up.

Now here comes the problem - the next three nights in the recipe book are all variations of macaroni & cheese! I refuse to serve mac & cheese for 3 more nights, but I will make it one more time. Tonight we will have the Tex-Mex mac & cheese. I'm going to serve it with french bread and a big salad.

By the way, the mac & cheese recipe serves 8, not 4. We have plenty left over. So I'll nuke it tonight and serve it with the beef portion of the Tex-Mex recipe. Hey, I thought Rachael Ray was an Italian girl! I can't wait to get to some Italian recipes!!!

No comments: