Thursday, January 26, 2006

Recipe #21 - Marinated Chicken and Orange Salad

Thank you all for your concern and good thoughts about Don. Every day he seems to be feeling a little better. What was scary was that it’s one of those things where a person stops and thinks how much worse it could have been. The first night home he was feeling nauseated and did not feel like eating. So I had a bunch of leftovers and decided to make something along the lines of the BLT with Avocado in the first issue of Rachael’s "Every Day" magazine. The microwave bacon I cooked really has a strong aroma and he went running out of the living room because he couldn’t stand it. The sandwich was good, though!!!

Tonight he was up to having salad so I made Recipe #21. I took a lot of liberties because I had a bunch of leftovers, plus I can’t stand arugula and don’t much care for radicchio. My salad was pretty much our regular dinner salad, with the dressing and marinated chicken slices on top. I also used chicken tenders (since that's what was on sale), and they cooked up really fast.

I almost skipped this recipe and I’m so glad I didn’t! It was yummy, reminded me a little of Chinese Chicken Salad. If you like cilantro that probably would be good in it. The orange slices made the salad really light-tasting. This would probably be a good recipe for the summer-time on a hot day.

No comments: