Sunday, January 29, 2006

More About Recipe 18

Cooking with Rachael Ray

There's an antecdote that goes along with preparing recipe #18 that I want to share. One of the ingredients is pancetta. What is pancetta? The lady at the deli counter at VONS thought it was a cheese. The cheese guy was sure it was a cheese but he didn't carry it. I finally asked the chef at work and he told me it was a kind of bacon. He asked why I wanted to know and I told him about our blog and now he's a big fan! He loves to read it over my shoulder at work each day.

I was just going through my 365 :No Repeats book trying to find a recipe that I'd stumbled upon earlier for Pierogies and Kielbasa. I went through the whole book and never found it. I've been pouring through the new Rachael Ray and Paula Deen magazines, so must have seen it there.

My oldest daughter Jeanne doesn't cook. When she's on her own, she lives on fast food. She's been staying with us while she gets settled here and has been SO grateful for the delicious home-cooked dinners ... She may never leave!

No comments: