Monday, January 16, 2006

Diane's Shopping List

This is my shopping list for Recipes #18, 19, and 20. I’m not including pantry items such as butter, EVOO, flour, milk and honey. Most of the items I’ve halved since there is just the two of us.

I probably won't go shopping until Thursday and will make them sometime Thurs-Sun. My long day tomorrow has been shortened but Wednesday I'll be at work all day and I don't know yet about Thursday. (The last thing I want to think about when I come home is cooking dinner.) I was writing out a shopping list like Debbie had done, and Don asked to know what I'm cooking, I told him the next few recipes in the book. He said we should just pick what we want to cook. I said we had been trying to go in order but for example we are both skipping (or at least setting aside for the time being) Recipe #16. I like trying things just because it is the "next up" rather than what I think I will like - since it has made me try things I probably would have skipped.

I know we had been talking about following the recipes to the letter but it has turned out to be more practical to make substitutions when either something can’t be found or someone doesn’t like a particular ingredient.

Here’s my list:

6 turkey cutlets (I have some frozen chicken that I plan to use instead)
5 slices prosciutto di parma
sage
garlic (I’m running low)
½ lb. Cremini mushrooms
1 15 oz. Can (or 8 oz. If I can find it) cannellini beans
3 c. chicken stock
Dry white wine (hafta go to a wet county to get that)
1 oz. Pancetta (might substitute bacon for that small an amount)
1 onion
½ lb. Spinach
4 chicken sausages
1 I ½ oz. Box Jiffy corn muffin mix
egg
rosemary
1 cubanelle pepper
hot red cherry peppers
1 jalapeno
celery
1 red bell pepper (it’s "hidden" in the stoup so Don will eat it)
1 ½ 15 oz. Cans black beans (or one big can and one small one)
8 oz. Can diced tomatoes
bread
4 slices honey baked ham
4 slices pepper jack cheese
4 slices smoked turkey
small container sour cream (only need ¼ cup)
scallions

No comments: