Saturday, January 21, 2006

Ooey Gooey

Tonight I took a break from Rachael recipes and we had spinach salad.

I found an ooey-gooey Paula recipe! It’s called "Ooey Gooey Butter Cakes" and uses cake mix like the earthquake cake. I had used half the box to make the earthquake cake so used the other half for this. I made the chocolate chip variation but read the instructions wrong and put the chocolate chips and nuts (and added coconut) in between the layers instead of on top. It kind of tasted like a light brownie. Sure hit the spot!


I’ve been meaning to mention that some of the Rachael leftovers have been quite good, almost better than the night before. I made a steak sandwich with the leftover fiery-hot meat and put some gouda cheese (from the mac-n-cheese) on it…delish. The BBQ chicken sammie filling was better the next day too, the spices kind of blended and mellowed out.

No comments: