Sunday, January 29, 2006

Recipe #18

Cooking with Rachael Ray

I was looking through my 365:No Repeat book and realized that I forgot to write about cooking recipe #18, which I did last Wednesday. Diane was right about this one, it was pretty enough to serve as a company meal. It tasted good too! The spinach was to die for! I will definately make it that way again. We LOVED the White Bean Ragout. I couldn't find cannellini beans, so used navy beans. Jeanne wanted to lick the saucepan, but I'd already done it! The turkey rolls were ok. As the recipe called for, I used turkey cutlets, which I flattened with my cast iron saucepan and proscuitto, which I had no trouble finding in the deli section at VONS. The recipe took almost an hour to prepare.

Rachael Ray has you made a gravy at the end. Now I have never made a successful gravy, I always used canned. But she tricked me into it. I was just reading along and the next thing I knew I was throwing a handful of flour into the drippings and suddenly, without warning, I was looking down at a panfull of gravy! Honest-to-goodness, handmade gravy!!! It was delicious too! I saved the leftover gravy in a little bowl and made everyone admire it for the rest of the evening.

No comments: